Hands Across the Sand
Hands Across the Sand is an international coordinated day of action to say YES to clean energy and NO to seismic air gun blasting, offshore / nearshore drilling and filthy fossil fuels.
To organize an event click a STATE or GLOBAL LOCATIONS on map above.
First, search to see if an event is already happening in your location.
If you do not see an event you can attend, host one yourself. Fill out the form, there are two steps and a waiting period to have it approved. Its easy and we provide all you need to make it successful!
- Include your name, email address, event location, and specific directions.
- Once form has been submitted, review our Resources to help promote your event.
- In our Resources section, you will find posters to print, t-shirt designs, HANDS logos, and most importantly, press materials.
- You can contact our Sponsors – the earlier the better – so they can assist you in getting the word out. In addition, they can provide you with their organization information for handout material.
- Please promote using alternative transportation to get to your events. Car pool, bike, take your electric car, skateboard, walk, swim, Segway, and public transportation.
- Consider making your event a chance to have a picnic, BBQ, sand castle building or an informational dialog.
- Advertise your special events on your organizer notes and Facebook.
- Be sure to respect and steer clear of sea turtles, bird nesting areas, as well as the sea oats, and any other flora and fauna at your event.
Lastly, please be patient. Your event might take a few hours to approve, it is not approved immediately.
Have further questions?
Send us an email.
on May 20, 2017
Go to an event location near you at 11 AM, in your time zone, for one hour, rain or shine.
Join hands for 15 minutes at 12:00 PM, in your time zone, forming lines in the sand, or on the land, against dirty fuels. Say yes to clean energy and renewables.
Leave only your footprints. In addition, consider getting involved in a local organization that supports clean energy.
Event Day Tips
- Use only approved locations. This includes beach access and parking, plus parks and recreational areas.
- Create a long line, or as many lines as you wish.
- Be courteous and respectful to those who disagree with your view.
- Please steer clear of bird nesting areas (refer to Audubon’s recommendations).
If at beach, stay away from sea turtle nesting areas (visit Sea Turtle Oversight Protection for more information).
In addition, respect any flora and fauna (plants and animals) for your particular region.
- Leave nothing but footprints...and enjoy yourself!